School History

The story of Huttoft School began in 1840, when some enterprising villagers set about establishing a small school for their children and the community. The original trustees were Reverend Bryan (Vicar of Huttoft), Mr. Wilson (the mill owner in Huttoft) and Mr. Cooper (Vicar of Mablethorpe). The first headmaster was Mr. Fearnside. The names of these four gentlemen will always be remembered in school as they are the names of the four ‘Houses’ our children today belong to.

Over the past 170 years more land has been purchased and with support from the National Society, Lincolnshire County Council and Grant Maintained Status many tasteful adaptations have been made to the original school room and hard play area. These have provided us with the spacious 21st Century school that we know today which accommodates seven classrooms and a nursery in 2 ½ acres of beautiful grounds. Huttoft School is one of the oldest village schools in Lincolnshire and celebrates its magnificent history through activities, displays and artefacts which the children access regularly.

On 1st October, 2012 a new chapter opened as the school became an Academy. This new status celebrates our forward-thinking, highly successful school and recognises the commitment of everyone involved in it. Within the first year of being an Academy it has been possible to make a number of minor internal building improvements and enhance our outdoor curriculum.

Meaker SuiteHuttoft School in 1922
Thomas WilsonMr Wilson (Mill owner)
Huttoft Primar School 1959Huttoft School in the 1950's
Meaker SuiteThe Meaker Suite in 2001