Huttoft Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs A HurrellChurch Lane, Huttoft, LN13 9RE Tel: 01507 490284
Why not take a look at some of these websites to support your child's learning?
Phonics and Reading
In school we use this fantastic online education resource produced by Discovery Education. To access this from home you need to use the following link, Espresso. Login details can be obtained from the school office.
- Our current Assembly themes include promises, communications, bullying, Mothers and Holy week/Easter. Perhaps you'd like to explore these further at home.
- Our current PSHE themes this term include building confidence, bullying and medicines. Perhaps you'd like to explore these further at home too.
- Our current food spellings are tuna, pork, sole and lamb.
The new £1 coin comes out on March 28th. Find out 3 more facts about it.
When is Palm Sunday in 2017?
What does it commemorate?
What date is St. George's Day?
What is the national emblem of England?
Raising Achievement - How you can help at home...
- Even in the digital age we believe handwriting remains an important skill and key tool in communicating ideas and knowledge. We always focus on good presentation of work to reflect this and to encourage our pupils to take pride in all that they do.
- We believe that reading is not only a key skill but that it should also be a source of joy, inspiration and knowledge. Children should be reading for pleasure, ideally across a range of genres and should develop reading stamina by regularly reading books of longer length which may be more challengeing.
These sentiments are reflected in the findings of Ofsted's recent surveys of schools with successful reading outcomes.
On This Day...
We have created our own "On this Day" Calendar using famous people's birthdays as well as key dates from History. Click below to see what happened on your birthday and then go and research it! If you would like to contribute an entry please speak to Mrs Hurrell.